Nice game, really nice music and visuals, and the mechanic is satisfying. I got a score of 176 :)
Dikes & Polders
Polder: a piece of low-lying land reclaimed from the sea or a river and protected by dikes, especially in the Netherlands.
Build windmills to drain the sea, allowing for the growing of very valuable tulips!
- Mouse wheel or right click to rotate tiles
- Tiles can only be placed on land
- Windmills drains the water in a 3x3 area and provide a starting point for flowers
- Flowers must match at least one colour or a windmill
- Create chains of matching colours longer than 3 to score points
- Longer chains score more points
- New windmills are unlocked by scoring points
- Fixed a bug where the game incorrectly detects if any more moves can be made, preventing the game from being completed
- Randomized levels
- Save/load game state
- Animated water when placing a windmill
- Fixed an exploit allowing you to select the same blocks twice - thanks @ParchmentEngineer
- Added a settings menu to change the resolution and volume
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- First updateMay 03, 2021
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Seems to me like this could maybe work as an android game?
(perhaps first tap where you want the left side, then tap where you want the right side + button to undo last piece if you missed your tap?)
Yeah I have thought about it. I think I would need to try a couple of variations to see what feels good
I may have found a massive exploit. If you place a flowerbed, then click again on a card before it disappears and gets replaced by a new card, you can play the same card twice in a row. I was able to use this to get a score of 382
Awesome find, thanks!
Will fix that ASAP!
Would need at least 1 or 2 text box to explain what's the goal of the game, first I got stuck, started over, thinking I needed to explore the whole territory, but it wasnt it and then I won fsr. Still cool concept, relaxing and chill, makes me think of the game Islanders.
I might be wrong, but I believe that the Itch page for this game doesn't have the Ludum Dare 48 tag. I see that it has the general Ludum Dare tag, but the 48 tag adds a "View Submission" link at the top which links to the Ludum Dare website listing, which is kind of helpful. It might also help with discoverability, and I saw the LD Twitter recommend adding the tag because they search it for games to feature. It's such a nice game, I'd like to see it get as much attention as possible.
This game is so beautiful, from presentation and music to simple and elegant mechanic. I played it few times, and really enjoyed it. Thank You for making this :)
Relaxing game and music. I really loved the water effects and lighting. I could not beat it but it was fun to play anyways :)
Cool game. I achieved a highscore of 208 after my fourth try. Reminds me of King/Queen Domino
By what to do?
A very clever little game! My high score so far is 243. I've loved learning all the little tricks, like how to place the flowers to ensure you don't leave an unfillable single space.